One of my favorite things to do before I move or begin a new life phase is create a bucket list. A bucket list outlines the most significant activities I would like to do and places I would like to go. I have moved every year since age 18, which makes me feel like an expert in creating bucket lists. In fact, my inspirNational mindset of living life to the fullest and seeking opportunities has been the exact mindset I have needed to create bucket lists.
Below are five tips to create an inspirNational bucket list that I have learned over the years:
- Write down your bucket list and constantly review it. By writing your ideas, you are helping commit them to memory and making your dreams turn into reality. It is also satisfying to be able to cross items off your list as you complete them.
- Create a calendar. What timeline do you have to complete your bucket list? The calendar will help you organize the bucket list events and make the process seem less overwhelming to do everything you would like.
- Prioritize your bucket list ideas. Consider dividing them into what you “must” do before you move or begin a new life phase and what you would like to do if you have time.
- Target different areas of your life. I often find that my bucket lists involve restaurants. Since it is not realistic for me to go out for multiple meals every day, I have made sure to include other activities besides eating, such as attending concerts or running in parks.
- Be open minded to new ideas and events. Planning your bucket list ahead of time is helpful, but there may be new “real-time” opportunities that you cannot plan. By allowing spontaneity, you may be surprised by the enjoyable experiences you will have.
What other tips do you have for creating a bucket list?