In honor of my grandma, Mime’s 96th birthday today, I wanted to share with you some wisdom from her. I asked her today what words of advice she would give to others about living, traveling, and inspiring others for 96 years. I captured her thoughts below:
- Take each day as it comes, because that is all you can control.
- Live with a happy heart. Find joy in each day.
- Everyone has a story and wants to share it. Ask questions to those around you and listen to them! You will be amazed what you can learn from others.
- Be grateful. There’s always someone who has less than you do, and always be kind to those who do.
- Be good to your family- they are the most important part of your life and will always be there (related to you, whether you like it or not :)).
- Always have something to look forward to. This will help you stay positive and get through the bad days, knowing that good days are to come.
As I have worked on this blog, I have realized how influential my grandma has been in my life and why I love inspiring others. At every family gathering, Mime would give my family members something sentimental, often with quotes. While some would joke about this in the past, I am now realizing how the inspirational gifts were some of the most meaningful, and I will forever carry the memories and messages with me as I continue through life. Thank you for your inspiration, Mime! I love you!